I’m not totally into open shelves, but sometimes they can work wonders for a small home office.
With a few shelves, you can
- Free up desk space
- Add wall decor that’s pretty and useful
- Have your favorite mementos and things to enjoy while working
They do have a downside.
Like I said…typically I’m not overly crazy about the open shelves
- They tend to get…messy.
- A flat surface will get covered with junk sooner or later
But if you’re limited on space or have a small desk like I do
This is a perfect solution!.
Shelves create space for fun and interesting wall decor.
If your gonna sit at a desk it might as well have stuff you enjoy.
With a few purchases and things I had on hand I created my space
- The narrow shelves are perfect for little trinkets, office necessities, and even a few books.
- Colorful Coffee Cups are perfect for my pens and pencils
- squatty mason jars are perfect for odds and ends like paper clips.
- The small bulletin board, I made years ago in during my tole painting days – perfect for just what you’d use a bulletin board for 🙂
- A whiteboard to keep me on task…
- I found some things that have sentimental value,
- the box hanging on the wall, it’s just right to keep note cards on hand.
- The rope with flexible people on each end is hung between the top bracket
– it’s a toy one of my kids had when they were little – perfect for hanging photos and things, you could use ribbon, yarn, rope, twine…whatever you like
This is what I love about it
- I created it with things I had on hand and a few small purchases
- It was an inexpensive way to create a small but mighty work area.
- The best thing? It was a fun area to decorate – and it’ a great place to work.
The shelves anchored the space, while creating a nice display area.
Like this post?
Please share with your friends!
Adele Mogavero, Your Personal Home Stylist.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I may be compensated a small commission when you make a purchase by clicking on those links. I promote products and services that I use and love. I appreciate your support because it allows me to keep up the content for this blog. For that I thank you very much!