The Garden Harvest Veggie Roast casserole: a no hassle meal for busy nights.
I love cooking and baking it is one of the creative things I do.
Having access to a Bountiful Garden has been a blessing this summer.
I can spend hours up their collecting all the delicious fresh foods.
This week I decided to put those veggies to use in a super easy Dinner Dish.
The Vegetables I picked were, Potatoes, Onions, Leeks, Garlic, Cauliflower, Zucchini,
Fennel, and Peppers (hot and sweet). I did buy the organic sweet potato, maybe next year that will be in the garden too!
The preparation is pretty simple.
*All Ingredients are Organic
- Wash, peel, and cut up all the veggies into chunks.
*I don’t peel my potatoes, carrots, or squash, when they are from my garden. – I just scrub them real good; If I get them from the store. They get peeled. It’s just the way I am.
- Toss everything in a bowl, drizzle it with oil toss and then sprinkle that with your spices.
- Cook up some Italian sausage if using (you could add other meats like chicken or hamburger if you wanted or leave out all together for a vegetarian dish)
- Add the cooked meat to the veggies.
- Prepare a casserole dish with cooking spray. I used a 8″ X 12″ (3 QT) casserole dish.
- Dump the veggies in the casserole dish.
- add a bit of water, I used about 1/4 cup.
- Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees until the vegetables are tender.
About 1 Hour and 35-45 minutes
This is a super convenient way to have veggies for dinner, it’s great as a side too. Put it in your casserole and cook it up while the chicken is roasting.
It’s really A Simple and No Hassle Dinner. Make it up in advance to make dinner time easy…oh it is great as a leftover too!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I may be compensated a small commission when you make a purchase by clicking on those links. I promote products and services that I use and love. I appreciate your support because it allows me to keep up the content for this blog. For that I thank you very much!
Adele, Creative Domestic Engineer
Latest posts by Adele (see all)
- Yes You Can Make Your Own Pita Bread! - May 23, 2017
- Quilt Art Inspired by Pianist Cecile Chaminade - May 16, 2017
- So, you want to Learn How to Quilt! Advice for Beginners - May 9, 2017