Last weekend we celebrated not just one, but three birthdays.
This was a perfect excuse to create some fun table decor and this colorful fall centerpiece.
This week I choose baskets and bowls for my containers and wanted a rustic comfortable look.
One that said, yes this is a special occasion but too fancy!
The Ingredients for the Easy Fall Centerpiece
- A basket
- A plastic container that fits inside and is about the same height
- Fabric long enough to wrap around the basket and wide to cut a few strips
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Parchment Paper
- Tear a piece of fabric about 1 – 1 1/2″ wide and long enough to wrap around the basket
- Glue to top of basket, overlapping ends (cut excess)
- Pinch it up near the overlap and on the opposite side – glue in place
- Tear two more pieces of fabric the same width
- Make a loose knot in the fabric.
- Glue to basket over the overlapped part and on the other side – Where you pinched the fabric up.
- Place the container in the center of the basket
- Fill it halfway with water
- Arrange flowers in the container
- Tear pieces of parchment paper in rough squares of 4″ – 5″
- Pinch and gather the pieces and tuck them around the flowers. This will hide the top of the plastic container.
Now to the look with Candles
I like to use tea lights instead of tapered candles
- They can’t get knocked over
- They add a simple bit of elegance
The Ingredients for the candle holders
- 2 Stoneware Cereal Bowls
- Flower Heads
- 2 Clear dishes or bowls (I used Pyrex 1 Cup storage bowls)
- 4 to 6 tea lights
- Colored Corn
Make 2 of each
- Fill the Cereal Bowls with water, several flower heads and a couple of tea lights
- Place on either side of the fall centerpiece
- Fill the clear bowls with colored corn with a tea light in the center
- Place on each end, completing the look.
See you Monday with some more quilting fun!
Adele, Blogging the Creative Life
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I may be compensated a small commission when you make a purchase by clicking on those links. I promote products and services that I use and love. I appreciate your support because it allows me to keep up the content for this blog. For that, I thank you very much!