Last weekend we celebrated not just one, but three birthdays.
This was a perfect excuse to create some fun table decor and this colorful fall centerpiece.
This week I chose baskets and bowls for my containers and wanted a rustic comfortable look.
One that said, yes this is a special occasion but too fancy!
The Ingredients for the Easy Fall Centerpiece
- A basket
- A plastic container that fits inside and is about the same height
- Fabric long enough to wrap around the basket and wide to cut a few strips
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Parchment Paper
- Tear a piece of fabric about 1 – 1 1/2″ wide and long enough to wrap around the basket
- Glue to top of basket, overlapping ends (cut excess)
- Pinch it up near the overlap and on the opposite side – glue in place
- Tear two more pieces of fabric the same width
- Make a loose knot in the fabric.
- Glue to basket over the overlapped part and on the other side – Where you pinched the fabric up.
- Place the container in the center of the basket
- Fill it halfway with water
- Arrange flowers in the container
- Tear pieces of parchment paper in rough squares of 4″ – 5″
- Pinch and gather the pieces and tuck them around the flowers. This will hide the top of the plastic container.
Get The Full look with Candles
I like to use tea lights instead of tapered candles
- They can’t get knocked over
- They add a simple bit of elegance
The Ingredients for the candle holders
- 2 Stoneware Cereal Bowls
- Flower Heads
- 2 Clear dishes or bowls (I used Pyrex 1 Cup storage bowls)
- 4 to 6 tea lights
- Colored Corn
Make 2 of each
- Fill the Cereal Bowls with water, several flower heads and a couple of tea lights
- Place on either side of the fall centerpiece
- Fill the clear bowls with colored corn with a tea light in the center
Add a corn filled bowl, topped with a tea light on each end of a cool table runner – thus completing the look!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I may be compensated a small commission when you make a purchase by clicking on those links. I promote products and services that I use and love. I appreciate your support because it allows me to keep up the content for this blog. For that I thank you very much!