Autumn is the perfect time to create a bountiful table of joy and gratitude
Autumn, It isn’t my favorite time of year (I’m a summer weather kinda girl)…
Yet there is something about it that I do love.
It’s the time of year that the weather brings us indoors and it’s perfect for
dinners of delicious food and good company.
It’s also a good excuse to dress up the table.
I like to mix up the formal with the casual
- Wine glasses
- Folded Cloth Napkins
- layered plates
- A casserole made with our Garden Harvest and Homemade Italian Sausage
- A Loaf Sour Dough Rye Bread, on a wood cutting board
- Simple treats for dessert, apples and homemade cookies
- The curvy modern table runner
- I think we can add the “wrinkled” table-cloth into the casual department…LOL!
About the Table Runner
The Table Runner is a re-make of the Modern Table Runner I made a few months ago.
I love how the style looks, meandering across the table in a casual, artsy way.
- The main fabric is from the Island Batik Equinox Collection
The contrasting wedges are from assorted Island Batik fabrics collections. It all has a nice mellow fall feel.
- It is free style machine quilted using Fantastico Superior Thread
- and my favorite Batting, Quilter’s Dream Batting
- It does not follow any “Rules” 🙂
Table toppers, whether it is a placemat, a topper or a runner adds a cozy spark to the table Click To Tweet and Depending on the style – it’s formal or fun and casual.
About the Food!
- We Gathered the veggies from our garden and turned into a roasted vegetable casserole
- The Bread is a Sour Dough Rye recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking
- The Cookies are a recipe I am creating :). These came out a bit thinner than I would like but still make a yummy treat!
- Napkins are simply fan folded and folded into the wine glasses.
- The wine glasses are an inexpensive all-purpose wine glasses
- The plates a set of simple stoneware dishes
All of these things are perfect for creating a bountiful table full of Joy and gratitude…
And I am grateful
The time to quilt…to bake…and to create
I know it’s not Thanksgiving, but really shouldn’t everyday be a day of thanks?
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I may be compensated a small commission when you make a purchase by clicking on those links. I promote products and services that I use and love. I appreciate your support because it allows me to maintain the content for this blog. For that I thank you very much!
Adele, Creative Domestic Engineer
Latest posts by Adele (see all)
- Review of A Sourdough Cookbook and My Thoughts - April 25, 2017
- What To Do About that UFO You Really Don’t Want To Finish - April 18, 2017
- How to Make a Design Wall in a Jiffy! - April 11, 2017