Working in the Small Quilting Studio Can be a Challenge
A small quilting studio is a challenge to work in.
But with some creative solutions you can make it happen.
These are 8 solutions I came up with to keep the “mess of quilting” contained and organized.
- The first thing I did ? Discard those fabric “scraps” that I knew Deep down inside I was never, ever, going to use.
- A hanging closet/clothing organizer
- Hanging shoe file organizer
- over the door shoe rack
- Desk organizer
- A large Box tucked under my desk is just right to keep books and papers close by, and neatly organized.
- Of course you need a Design Wall
- My Desk area also converts easily into a small cutting table
With those out-of-the-way Fabric Storage was a bit easier to handle.
I am blessed or cursed depending on how you look at it with a huge closet in this room.
That has become my storage room.
This works well for batting, larger cuts of fabric , projects in the works and so on.
This is great for patterns or small cuts of fabrics. I used it here to keep my smaller cuts of fabric organized by color
This is handy for tools (and fabric too!)
I purchased this to keep papers and files organized…it never worked 🙂
It’s perfect for my sewing tools keeping them at my neatly at my finger tips.
Boxes From Thrive Market* are perfect, a good size and heavy-duty *referral link
I made one in a jiffy and hung that behind the door.
It has been a challenge working in my Temporary Small Quilting Studio.
But when you have a need and desire to create, you do what you have to do!
Adele, Blogging the Creative Life
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I may be compensated a small commission when you make a purchase by clicking on those links. I promote products and services that I use and love. I appreciate your support because it allows me to keep up the content for this blog. For that I thank you very much!
Latest posts by Adele (see all)
- Helpful Tips For Your Next Fabric Search at Fabric dot Com - June 27, 2017
- Let’s Have Fun Picking Colors For That New Quilt - June 20, 2017
- Yes You Can Make Your Own Pita Bread! - May 23, 2017